Thursday, January 12, 2012
1. What is your DaWanda Shop name? SugarPlumkinBaby
2. What is your DaWanda shop URL? http://www.en.dawanda.com/sugarplumkinbaby
3. When did you open your DaWanda shop? I opened this shop on January 21, 2008
4. Are you in the DaWanda shop directory? Not yet.
5. What category are you under? I am in DaWanda under Baby/Children category under Textiles.
6. What do you sell? I sell baby blankets that are made out of all minky which is a type of polyester and it is the softest fabric out there. I also sell baby blankets made out of 100% cotton or cotton chenille and almost always they are backed with minky. Burp cloths are another item that I currently sale.
7. Describe 2 of your curent products: Currently I have a several different blankets on display.
My favorite is the Mod Dot Baby Blanket. It is a minky blanket featuring mod dots in pink,brown and green on a white background and the reverse side is done in pink minky dot. I love how the pink and green look with brown. Here in the US, those colors seem to be in style.
The other blanket is a Paisley Blanket in Blue. This one has a paisley and pineapple design in brown against a light blue background and the reverse side is done in light blue minky dot. Again, I like the brown against a lighter color. The design on this blanket is sophisticated, but yet very modern and trendy.
Both of these blankets measure approximately 30 inches by 36 inches and are super soft. Babies love how the softness of this blanket feels against their skin, and no matter how many times these blankets get washed, they don't lose their softness.
8. Tell me about you: My name is Lucy and I live in Los Angeles, Ca. US. I am 28 years old and I have been making blankets for the last three years. As a child I was not very creative and I never liked art. As I got older I learned to become more creative and I even started making my own greeting cards and gifts. Whenever I had to give out a baby gift, I found myself lost in the teddy bear and rubber ducky motifs. That's when I decided to start making my own. I searched and searched for the right fabrics, until I found what I really liked. I learned that I am attracted to reproduction vintage and retro prints by Michael Miller, Alexander Henry, and Amy Butler, as well as minky and chenille. These types of fabrics remind me of my own childhood. I currently work as a nanny for a wonderful family with three girls and one more on the way!
I have been married for almost two years, but no children yet. I have Bachelors degree in Humanities with a minor in Italian. I took extra courses and got certified as a Forensic Specialist, but after working on my interniship at the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office for a year, I decided that working with children and creating pretty things that make people happy, was more rewarding than working there. Babies usually get attached to something and most of the time it is their blanket, whenever one of my blankets becomes a babies favorite, that just makes me feel so good inside.
9. Do you have a website or a blog? I do not have either one right now. I am planning on getting my own website, but first I must take professional pictures of my products.
Posted by Alex at 7:52 AM