Friday, July 1, 2011

Introducing... Green Island Studios!


1. DaWanda Shop Name: Green Island Art
2. DaWanda Shop URL: http://en.dawanda.com/shop/GreenIslandArt
3. When did you open your shop? My shop opened on the 15 February 2008
4. Are you in the DaWanda Shop Directory here? Yes, I am in the directory
5. What Category are you under? Art / Photography & Everything Else
6. What do you sell? Mainly photographs and photomontages, a wide selection of works made using techniques which cross over between art and photography. I love to blend my paintings together with photos that I have taken on vintage cameras to create unique pictures that have a vintage appeal to them.
7. Describe 2 of your current products.

I have quite a variety of work in my shop gallery at the moment but 2 of my favourite current pieces are;

· Blue Beach Days I made this picture on the beach – it was a strange misty afternoon. I particularly love the colours and all the people on the beach doing their own thing, running children, surfers, dogs playing, people sitting on the sand gazing out to sea. It is hand printed on lovely textured Somerset Fine Art watercolour paper, which is 100% cotton, and lends an even more painterly feel to it.

· Her Name Is Iris – This picture was taken in my studio, when my friend Iris came to visit and brought me this beautiful Iris flower. The picture was taken on a homemade camera contraption using an antique Ross Ensign Twin Lens Reflex Camera that my granddad gave me, he found it in a box when he was clearing out his attic.

8. Tell me a bit about you... I grew up in Africa and was given my first camera when I was 6. I took it everywhere with me. I met and married my husband in Italy where we lived for a while, and we have now settled in an old cottage by the sea in Cornwall, UK. I got my first class MA in Photographic Art in 2004, and now I work full time in my studio near Falmouth, where I make photographic pictures using alternative processes and I also paint. I have a colour darkroom and also a collection of vintage cameras which I adapt and use. My dog Charlie Brown keeps me company every where I go – he is gorgeous!

9. Do you have a website, or blog? Yes, I have a blog, it is only a few days old, but watch this space……. http://greenislandstudios.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment