Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Introducing... Cosy Candles & Aromas!

1. DaWanda Shop Name: Cosy Candles & Aromas
2. DaWanda Shop URL: http://cosycandles/dawanda.com
3. When did you open your shop? Jan 2008
4. Are you in the DaWanda Shop Directory here? Yes, just joined
5. What Category are you under? other
6. What do you sell? I make hand poured scented soy wax candles and melts
7. Describe 2 of your current products.
Tumbler Candle – This is a 180g (6oz) container candle. It’s made from soy wax which is a renewable resource so it is eco friendly. I use top quality fragrance oils especially imported from US to scent them. I don’t colour my tumblers as soy wax has a natural creamy colour. This enables it to match any decor in your home. All I then do is place a plain clear label and voila! One classy looking product.

Snap Apart Wax Melts – This is a really nifty way of selling wax melts. They’re made from eco friendly soy wax and scented with top quality fragrance oils. I do colour these as we do need some colour in our lives. Now for those that don’t know, wax melts are made to be used in an oil burner. You pop a fragranced block in the top dish and light an unscented tealight underneath to release the aroma. The nifty thing about them is that they “snap apart” just like a chocolate bar. This is very handy as dish sizes vary from one oil burner to another. Most should accommodate 2 blocks but some can only take 1 so this is better than ending up with some overspill. One handy thing about soy wax is that if you do have any accidental spillages it all washes out with hot soapy water. Because it’s veggie based there’s no need for solvents.



8. Tell me a bit about you... I’m a WAHM to 3 teenagers. I help run my hubby’s PC repair business from home and this has given me the perfect opportunity to run my part time candle business from home too. I’ve always loved burning scented candles and was spending a fortune on them. I tried buying cheaper candles but they were awful. No smell, wouldn’t burn properly, some turned into flame throwers, the usual complaints. So I started making them as a hobby for myself. I soon found it to be highly addictive. I started doing more research on the subject and that is when I found out about soy wax. I liked the whole idea about it being a renewable resource. I soon found myself making candles for family and a few friends. They thought that they were better than mass produced ones. They also liked the fact that as they were vegetable based they were doing their bit to help the environment. So after 2 years of research and testing and much convincing by family and friends Cosy Candles was finally created towards the end of 2007. My 16 year old daughter Laura-Jayne helps me in the business. She makes the wax melts as they are easy to do – no wicking involved! I make everything else for the moment but we both wrap, label and package our products. I’m in the process of expanding our range to offer different types of containers and pillars. Eventually, we will also be offering room sprays, incense sticks/cones and pot pourri.

9. Do you have a website, or blog? Yes my site is http://www.cosycandles.com/ and my blog is http://cosycandles.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment