Saturday, November 6, 2010

Introducing... Magpienest!


1. DaWanda Shop Name: MagpieNest
2. DaWanda Shop URL: http://en.dawanda.com/shop/magpienest
3. When did you open your shop? March 2008
4. Are you in the DaWanda Shop Directory here? yes
5. What Category are you under? jewellery
6. What do you sell? modern silver and gold jewellery
7. Describe 2 of your current products.
Cross over ring - a very sculptural ring made from a single piece of silver.
Silver bud necklace - Painstakingly made from 640 handcrafted pieces, this sterling silver 40 cm (16 inch) long necklace is perfect for special occassions!




8. Tell me a bit about you... I'm from nowhere. Well, I was born in a place I can't remember because I was so young when we left. I went to kindergarden in other country whose language I even forgot because I moved to another country at 6. I'm Dutch by nationality, but my English is better than my Dutch. I've lived in the UK for nearly 9 years now. Jewellery has a been a constant - I've been making jewellery for as long as I can remember and finally started working in silver and gold about 5 years ago. I absolutely love making stylish, modern and different pieces. I like the minimal look, but sometimes I can't resist crystals or decorative Japanese paper. I like making one-off and custom items. My favourite pieces to make and design are rings, but I'm getting more into earrings. I even got over my dread of needles and got my ears pierced just so I could test earrings to make sure the designs work! I'm always happy to hear from people if they have questions about any of my items :-)


9. Do you have a website, or blog? I have a website - http://www.magpienest.co.uk/ and a blog http://www.machi54.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment