Sunday, February 5, 2012

Introducing... Lilycobweb!



1. DaWanda Shop Name: Lilycobweb
2. DaWanda Shop URL: http://en.dawanda.com/shop/lilycobweb
3. When did you open your shop? I opened my shop back in May, 2007 when I first became aware of DaWanda, but it's taken me until this month to actually put some items in my shop. Now that I have, I wish I'd done it before!
4. Are you in the DaWanda Shop Directory here? Not in the Shop Directory yet, but working on it.
5. What Category are you under? n/a
6. What do you sell? I make and sell bags, purses, jewellery (pendants, beaded cuffs), lavender sachets and tiny lavender purses (not listed yet),beaded embellishments such as leaves and flowers.
7. Describe 2 of your current products.


Fat Flower Purse: Of all the things I've ever made, this is my favourite. A small 'going out' purse in fuschia and purple cotton and silk thread, it features a big flower on front which is actually a corsage pin that you can detach and wear separately. It hides a V-shaped flap that conceals a small magnetic clasp to keep your treasures safe. It's both sweet and very functional. I made and sold some in various colours at craft fairs.

Blue Rose Spiral Bag: This circular pale blue and white bag is soft and a bit girly, but very strong and secure. It features a huge white rose with an indigo bead at the centre. The rose is trimmed in the finest blue thread. The circular handles are covered in the same blue yarn as the body.




8. Tell me a bit about you... I'm Rena and I live in south County Down, Northern Ireland. I've always loved to make things, but recently have returned to my first craft love, crochet. I learned to crochet at the age of 8 from a very old and skilled neighbour of ours who kept alive the Irish crochet tradition long after it ceased to be popular. Long since passed away, my neighbour bequeathed me the best gift. I love crochet's flexibility, and the more I investigate it, the more I find it can do.


I gave up teaching to follow my creative inklings a few years ago, and I'm very glad I did. I love designing with thread, yarn, beads and wire. It gives me genuine pleasure when people like my work enough to buy it. My family take up lots of my time, and the rest belongs to Lilycobweb.

9. Do you have a website, or blog? I don't have a website (yet!), nor a blog! Where would I find the time? Give up watching EastEnders? Seriously?

http://lilycobweb.designstolove.com/

You can see some more of my work on the designstolove gallery site above.

No comments:

Post a Comment