Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Introducing... Artemissne!


1. DaWanda Shop Name: Artemissne art jewelry
2. DaWanda Shop URL: http://artemissne.dawanda.com/
3. When did you open your shop? In the first week of March 2008
4. Are you in the DaWanda Shop Directory here? Not yet, but I'm in the Shopping Community by Sara's invitation!
5. What Category are you under? Jewellery (artists)/forging or /pearls, beads & precious stones. There isn't a separate section for glass jewelry (yet).
6. What do you sell? Jewelry made from my own glass beads, combined with silver and (semi-)precious stones.
7. Describe 2 of your current products.
my stormy silver ring: I made this glass cabuchon which I mounted on a snake-like silver ring from purple, ivory and black glass, and melted fine silver in it. The result is dramatically organic, a vortex: if you look at it for too long you might get sucked in! I wonder if it has any stormy powers. Now that could come in handy sometime...

And a series I'm really happy about is the talisman/talisvrouw (transl. -"woman"): faintly evoking primitive cultures with spiral designs on the focal glass beads on a silver chain of tiny Balinese or stamped Thai Hill Tribe silver beads and semi-precious stone beads. The beads reminded me of dryads, tree spirits and protectors, so I decided to donate a percentage (10%) of every sold necklace to an environmental organization, Natuurpunt (they work locally here in Flanders).




8. Tell me a bit about you... Since I've been a bit overly talkative above I'll keep it short: I'm Kristien and I'm owned by two felines and a hedgehog, in a little cottage near Ghent, Belgium. Chronic fatigue syndrome makes my life "interesting" but it's not the end of the world. After all, who doesn't like napping? :-)


9. Do you have a website, or blog? Both. But I guess my homepage is the best start: http://www.aarghh.be/

No comments:

Post a Comment