Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Introducing... Artmixter!


1. DaWanda Shop Name: Artmixter.
2. DaWanda Shop URL: http://en.dawanda.com/shop/artmixter
3. When did you open your shop? 3/11/2007
4. Are you in the DaWanda Shop Directory here? Yes
5. What Category are you under? Art
6. What do you sell? Art of all descriptions, from textiles to altered art, via mixed media, oils and encaustics. And hand dyed fabrics, for people who want to add a little magic to their textile work!
7. Describe 2 of your current products.

Summer Suns: Art Quilt Summer Suns is a pieced collage of original hand painted cotton fabrics intensively machine quilted, painted and foiled in places, and features some raw edge appliqué, and depicts the various moods and landscapes of a countryside summer.Hand dyed cotton trio.

Three Fat Eighths of high quality cotton poplin, hand dyed by me, the same cloth as I use in my work. Perfect as an addition to anyone's stash!



8. Tell me a bit about you...

I'm a Scottish artist living and working in a tiny village in Norfolk UK, with four and a half cats and a very understanding husband! I make art of all descriptions, from altered books to oil paintings, from textile art to encaustic (wax) painting. I have had textile work shown in the UK and abroad, most recently in Lyon, France, as part of the annual Magic Patch Expo, where I demonstrated the use of lutradur and gave workshops in French. I am also part of a curated show that is touring the US until next Summer. I have a joint show with another textile artist planned for next year in Norfolk, and hope to return to Expo Magic Patch also. I work in a studio in my garden, 'The Little Green Shed', which is 20ft by 10ft in size, and hope to begin giving small workshops and individual tuition there in Spring next year. I am currently working on a book with Dijanne Cevaal, a well known Australian quilter; we hope it will be published in the New Year. The book is about lutradur, a wonderful, semi-transparent polyester fabric that is great for textile artists. I hope to follow that up with a book on creativity, some time next year.

9. Do you have a website, or blog?I have a blog, http://artmixter.blogspot.com/, and my work can also be seen at http://thedb.com/artmixter

No comments:

Post a Comment