Monday, May 7, 2012

Introducing... Marika!


1. DaWanda Shop Name: Marika's Jewelry
2. DaWanda Shop URL: http://en.dawanda.com/shop/MarikaJewelry
3. When did you open your shop? September 22, ,2007
4. Are you in the DaWanda Shop Directory here? Yes
5. What Category are you under? Jewellery
6. What do you sell? I sell jewellery using semi precious stones and sterling silver wire
7. Describe 2 of your current products.
a. Olive Jade Silver Necklace. This is a wire wrapped olive jade pear shaped stone, wrapped in 0.4 and 0.8mm sterling silver wire. It is attached to a sterling silver chain, approximately 45cm long.
b. Violet Sparkle set. I love this bracelet and earrings set. I assembled the pieces using Czech glass beads and sterling silver wire (all wire hand wrapped by me) and added some cute bone beads as dangles. The earwires are also hand forged by me using a wire tool called wigjig.



8. Tell me a bit about you...
I am Hungarian, having settled down 12 years ago in Cyprus, a beautiful Mediterranean island which I love. What is not to love about the summer days that you can spend at the beach with a good book in your hands, running to the sea to freshen up when the sun starts to become too hot! Also the safety that this island offers, where you are not always feeling pressured into locking your car, or your door or not always afraid to walk after dark as a girl on your own.
I am currently working in a corporate environment, but my dream is to leave all this behind and start out on my own as a jewelry designer/artist.

9. Do you have a website, or blog? Yes, it is at http://marikach.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment