Monday, February 7, 2011

Introducing...Supra Monster!


1. DaWanda Shop Name: Supra Monster
2. DaWanda Shop URL: http://en.dawanda.com/shop/neovamp
3. When did you open your shop? Today!
4. Are you in the DaWanda Shop Directory here? I just entered the information and I am waiting for it to be reviewed.
5. What Category are you under? Mainly Art – Original Prints, but I have items under other categories too.
6. What do you sell? I sell my artwork, mainly in original high quality prints, but I'm also expanding it to magnets, cards, matchbooks and other small gifts. Very soon I will add buttons, rings and other jewelry, all based in my paintings and drawings.
7. Describe 2 of your current products.

My original prints are made in high quality Data Becker photo paper, which ensures amazing colours and more than a hundred years of maintenance under the worst condition. I work mainly on fantasy themes, strongly influenced by gothic and pre - raphaelite art. I work mainly on acrylics and Faber - Castell crayons.

Another product I sell are customized matchboxes, which have been a best seller among friends and customers. A simple small matchbox is customized with my paintings and black cardboard. I started making them because I wanted my altar's matches to look better... and then I got custom orders for them!



8. Tell me a bit about you...

I've painted since I can't remember, probably since I could hold a pencil in my hand. I like painting glimpses of my inner landscapes, like if they were doors to the subconscious. Sometimes the paintings become doors to others too – that is magic to me. I never chose it, I was chosen by it. I cannot live without painting and drawing. That is a blessing and a curse I must admit!

I am also a tattoo and henna artist. I was taught by Harry, a wonderful artist and person three years ago. Then I taught my husband and now we share a studio, where I can enjoy the designing of pieces that will last forever on our customer's skin. That is a true privilege I thank everyday. As painting, tattooing is a complex skill that needs lots of patience and love, and something that changes both the tattooer and the tattooed. It has a lot of ritual and makes deep bonds with the person receiving the ink.

I am a complete old-school illustrator: I make sketch, then make drawing, then scan. The only digital editing is adjusting the colours as close as possible to the original piece. I have nothing against digital art (or against any other form of art!), it's just the way I work. I like doing everything by hand.

9. Do you have a website, or blog? Yes, you can find it at http://supramonster.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment