Friday, February 4, 2011

A Day in the Life: 'Literary Walk and Wire Crochet'

The weather was so lovely yesterday! Sunny and warm finally!
So we decided to go for a walk, a literary route related to Jane Austen. I just love her novels!
We started in Chawton, where Jane Austen spent her last 8 years, then trough some fields and woodland till Farringdon, a very lovely small village with very charming old cottages and then back, using a disused railway line.
It was great!



Then back home for my new glass beads and wire! For some time now I wanted to try crochet with wire. I saw some absolutely great work around and I really like the way they look! Very organic in a way...
I did some research about what kind of wire I need but it seems I have not done my job properly as it was a nightmare working with 20 meters of wire that as soon as I released the bundle it turned into one big mess blob.
So actually if jewelers from the community would have any suggestion for wire for this kind of project I would really appreciate!
Anyway, I managed to make something but it's far from perfect. What do you think of the end result?
By the way, I call it "The Brazilian Chaos Bracelet" ;)



Written by Ana of http://en.dawanda.com/shop/mysteriouscats

No comments:

Post a Comment