Monday, October 8, 2012

Introducing... The Wren!



1. DaWanda Shop Name: The Wren
2. DaWanda Shop URL: http://en.dawanda.com/user/Wendren
3. When did you open your shop? 21 March 2008
4. Are you in the DaWanda Shop Directory here? Yes.
5. What Category are you under? Accessories: Bag and purses

6. What do you sell? Bags, totes, bird pouches and soon I hope to extend my range to include more bags and other fabric products.
7. Describe 2 of your current products.

Bird Pouches: Wren says: A bird in the hand is better than mess in the bag ...and a the wren bird pouch is just that. Instead of throwing away all the off-cuts from Wren bags I have used them to make these lovely little bird pouches. They are just the right size to hold all your bare essentials at 5.5″ x 3.5″ (excluding tail height). Your cellphone, bank cards, money or cosmetics can fit in. What more do you want when you are going out and do not want to tote around a giant purse. If you have small enough hands you can slip it on your wrist and not have to worry about forgetting it behind. OR you can clip the tail onto or into your bag (Wren bags come with a perfect clip inside them) making it easy to find. Each bird is made with great care to detail. Each bird pouch is lined, has a wing and even has an embroidered eye. They are adorable.


Big Town Bag: These bags are the perfect size for everything you need in a day (including your laptop). Every Wren bag is unique. Wren understands that a bag is part of who you are and because there are no two people the same in the world – each Wren bag, by the combination of colour and print, is exclusive. There is also a hidden and lined exterior pocket perfect for your ipod, cellphone, keys or coins. Inside, there are 4 pockets: On one side there is a cellphone, wallet/notebook and pen pocket and on the other side is there is a 20cm zip pocket. As a special surprise – each bag comes with a pouch filled with hand-picked and dried French perfumed lavender from Franschoek in South Africa – perfect for keeping your bag or draws smelling great. The bags are closed by two hidden magnets. These magnets are very strong but are not placed close enough to cause your cellphone or other electrical objects any damage. Approx. Dimensions: 16"x4" at the bottom and 13" high. The shoulder straps are 29".




8. Tell me a bit about you... I am a surface designer by paper (aka textile designer or graphic artist) from Cape Town, South Africa. I live right by the beach on the mountainside, so inspiration is literally right outside my front door. It is quite wonderful!
I started designing bags when I made one for myself in December 2007. I got a great response from this bag (which is now called the Small Town Bag) and began making more on request. From here the label has flown and I am excited to say, I now have a wonderful hand-made label called Wren. In truth, it's my excuse to play with beautiful fabrics all day long.
9. Do you have a website, or blog? My blog is: http://www.thewrendesign.com In here I write about all the new and exciting things happening with Wren (in a way the blog is like a journal). I also write about all the things that I find inspirational or interesting. I adore all kinds of design and enjoy sharing found inspirations. I also write a little bit about myself from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment